Friday, January 25, 2008
Prologue : Four wheels good, two wheels better !
Before somebody asks me the same question again, i will attempt to answer to the best of my ability.

1) Why are you still riding? it's such a dangerous hobby. Don't you know it's ?

Ans: I sold off my scrambler for awhile, but i just can't get rid of the itch to ride. I missed the carefree freedom of cruising on the highways, the wind blowing on my face. The speed and adrenaline rush.

To be frank, riding is as therapeutic as yoga or meditating to me. I feel awake once on the 2-wheels, refreshed and alive after the ride. Totally feel and smell the wind. Better than any medicine in the world !

You need to ride as one with the bike, together with a great amount of concentration. Thus throwing all the other thoughts/worries into the back of your mind temporarily, focusing fully on the road in front of you.
Riding is dangerous, being very vulnerable. But to me, it's a calculated risk, the least we can do is to wear proper safety gears.

So i went ahead and got a sports touring bike, nothing fancy.
just a great workhorse for all those long trips and some speed blasting.

while i indulge in this touring hobby of mine, stop asking me to quit yeah? :D
posted by vonmucks @ 7:35 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: vonmucks
Age: 24 going on 25
Sex: Male
About Me: Always have a penchant for exploring new places and experiences.
See my complete profile


 

Wishlists for Thailand/Myanmar/Vietnam
  • Garmin GPS system - $600?
  • Hepco & Becker side racks + boxes - $1040
  • Hepco & Becker crash bar - $240
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits
Free Blogger Templates